Wednesday 4 March 2015

London Food | The Breakfast Club


Brunch really is all the rage right now, isn't it?  And to be honest, what's not  to love?  For me, brunch is up there with afternoon tea; you can freely combine all the best parts of breakfast and lunch!  Before our trip to London, we researched some of the best brunch places to eat in London and The Breakfast Club came up (think it was this Buzzfeed list) as somewhere that seemed reasonably priced, walkable distance from our hotel in Tower Bridge and utterly delicious.  


I am happy to confirm that The Breakfast Club served probably the tastiest pancakes I have ever had, and in my books, that's high praise indeed as I'm going through a bit of a pancake craze at the moment.  Better than M&S, better than iHop!  


So, anyway, we managed to get to the Spitalfields' TBC at around 8.45am on a Saturday morning and managed to beat all the queues.  We were shown to our table inside the restaurant, which is hidden away down a side street, and we sat down just in front of the bar.  I loved the feel of TBC, it's quirky and 80s without feeling like it's trying too hard.  I adored the mismatched memorabilia on the walls, from the neon sign to the Commodore 64 box and all the hand written messages pasted onto the walls. 

The brunch menu is pretty extensive and delicious; I had a hard time choosing between the Posh Sausage Sandwich and the pancakes.  They also had your typical English fry-up, eggs galore, porridge, granola, French toast.  There is so much choice!  In the end, I choose pancakes with vanilla cream and fresh berries and Dena ordered pancakes with sausage, bacon, eggs and maple syrup.  We also ordered a pitcher of freshly squeezed orange juice to wash it all down.  

When our breakfast/brunch arrived, we were not disappointed.  Dena's bacon was perfectly crispy, the sausages were high quality, seasoned, real meat, the maple syrup deliciously sweet. My pancakes were soft and fluffy, the berries fresh and sweet and the vanilla cream was perfect.  Words do not TBC pancakes justice.  My mouth is salivating just thinking about them.  The orange juice was fresh and slightly sharp, a perfect wake-you-up.  


The portions were pretty big too and I only just managed to finish my pancakes, and they saw me through 'til about 3pm later that day.  A good brunch well done.  When we were getting ready to leave, we noticed the massive queue waiting for a table, it was queued way down the street so I think we made a good call getting there earlier.  

I definitely, definitely want to go back to The Breakfast Club again, to eat pancakes.  Can you tell I liked the pancakes?

Where's your favourite place to have brunch?


4 comments :

  1. The place certainly looks like a fun vibe! The food looks really good, but the portions do seem hearty! Really enjoyed reading about this, thanks for sharing! :)

    THOUGHTS IN TIFFANY BLUE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pancakes kept me full pretty much all day! Haha, just how I like brunch! X

      Delete
  2. These pictures look amazing! Great post :)
    I've also nominated you for the This or That tag. All the details are over on my blog!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie! I really need to catch up on the tags X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...