Monday 2 March 2015

CRP | Expenses



There is no denying that applying for and being accepted onto the Cultural Representative Program is  expensive business.  I know I wish I'd researched a little before applying so I was aware of how much it was all going to cost (of course, I'd have still applied... I just need to budget a bit better!).

Again, this isn't a solid, concrete list of how much things are going to cost (things like travel/hotels are entirely subjective) but just a rough estimate.
  

I'm going to try and update this as I go along as I haven't sorted out my medical insurance yet but here's an approximate breakdown of how much things have cost so far:


  • Hotels for pre-screen/face-to-face interviews: £150 (you need to add on trains/fuel/travel cards etc)
  • Pre Assessment Fee: around £90 ($150); to be paid as soon as you accept your offer with Walt Disney.
  • CRB/Disclosure check: £60; to be paid seven days after you've accepted the job with Yummy Jobs.
  • Flights: £400; one way and again, very much depends on when/who/how you fly (see this post for how we went about it).
  • Medical insurance:  TBC
  • Visa appointment:  around £120 ($190) + £70 hotel for the night before our appointment.
  • Airport to WDW transfer: TBC
  • First night in Orlando hotel:  £70 (we've booked to stay in the Holiday Inn at Lake Buena Vista because it's super close to the accommodation offices).

I think the biggest shock to my bank account was that the PAF and CRB needed to be paid so soon after accepting the offer and also that two trips to London within two months can be very pricey.  It'll all be worth it though! 


2 comments :

  1. Just think, you are going to have such an awesome time when you finally work for disney! :D It will be worth all this time and money.
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it'll totally all be worth it and I'll have forgotten all about the forking out in the beginning, hehe! X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...