Thursday 19 February 2015

A day out in Cambridge

I love living in East Anglia, it's so beautiful and there is a whole wealth of towns and cities on my doorstep.  The only downside to this is that I often take it for granted and never do the 'must-do' things in each place.  Cambridge is an example of this; it's only a 45 minute drive from my house and I've only ever been for work and shopping, I've never done any of the touristy things like visiting the colleges, learning about the city etc.


We went on a guided walk of the city, booked through the tourist information centre and we had an extremely knowledgeable tour guide who filled us in on all the history, culture and anecdotes from around the city.  Having watched The Theory of Everything a couple of weeks ago, I was keen to try and spot Stephen Hawking locations!























The tour lasted for about two hours and we visited King's and Queen's College, the Eagle pub (where DNA was discovered/figured out!), the last British hangman's house and more.  I really enjoyed seeing more than the shops like I usually do when I go to Cambridge.





We were fortunate to have a lovely, wintery, summer's day and I was looking forward to practise what I had learnt from the photography course but I didn't take into the white balance and ended up with a lot of awfully blue tinged photos!  It's a learning process I guess, though!




I had such a lovely day out, I can't wait to go back again... maybe I'll give punting a go in the summer (although we can probably guess where I will end up...)

Have you ever visited Cambridge?

6 comments :

  1. Cambridge looks really stunning and old-fashioned! What a gorgeous area! Haha, great idea to look for the Stephen Hawking spots! Good luck on the photography course. <3

    THOUGHTS IN TIFFANY BLUE

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a good photographer! :) Cambridge looks amazing!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, I'm still very much learning and experimenting! It's a really cool city!

      Delete
  3. There's a chance we could be moving to Cambridge later this year. These photos are beautiful and have made me excited to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it'd be an incredible city to live in; there is so much to do, see, and explore. X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...