Sunday 22 February 2015

Benefit Make Up Lesson

I was lucky enough to receive a Benefit Make Up lesson for Christmas and since then, I have been bursting with excitement waiting for the day to arrive.  On Friday, the day finally came around and Dena and I made our way to the Benefit global flagship boutique on Carnaby Street, in London.

Benefit is a brand that I have loved since I pretty much got into make-up and I still covet their new (and old!) products so stepping into this boutique was like a little paradise.  As soon as we stepped inside, we were welcomed by the friendly Benebabes.  First up on my pampering agenda was an eyebrow arch and tint.  Although I've visited a Benefit Brow Bar many times, I'd never had my eyebrows tinted.  Tahlia, who was looking after me, was very helpful and friendly and reassured me that the eyebrow tint would just enhance and give my brows extra definition. I love the Benefit brow arch as they always take into account what you want and don't want and tell you what will make a difference.  The wax and tint was painless, quick, and really enjoyable as we were able to have a giggle with Tahlia, who was very lovely and funny and I loved the tint as well!  The difference is subtle but it really does help to define your brows.  

After that, we were taken downstairs into the Champagne Bar area.  As this was a Red Letter Day experience, we had exclusive use of this space, and I imagine it would be a great environment for an occasion where you want to have a pampering.  There were booths looking over the bar and the make up table and it had the usual 50s vibe that Benefit has going on.  I was brought over a lovely cold glass of Rosé champagne and Kara, the make up artist, chatted with me about what I wanted to have done, what make up I liked etc.


However, me being me and although I love make up, am generally clueless, I left it up to her with only minimal guidance.  I explained that I liked the smoky eye look but more on the natural than dramatic side.  Kara seemed to understand my vague instructions and got to work!  She used the products that I already owned, liked and that worked for me whilst introducing me to a few others that I wouldn't necessarily think to pick up.  

As a base, Kara used Porefessional and then Boing concealer to hide my reddish eyebrow areas!  Then, she used Hello Flawless! Foundation - a foundation that I love, it seems to agree with my combination, blemish-prone, sensitive skin.  Next up, my eyes.  the smokin' eyes palette was on my lust list for a while and I received it at Christmas but only used it a couple of times since I didn't feel entirely confident, but Kara was happy to talk me through the techniques and tips of applying the shadow.  



For my cheeks, Kara used Watt's Up to highlight my cheekbones and then Sugarbomb blush, and finally Hoola for a little contouring.  We had a chat about contouring and what would be the best thing for my lifestyle and personality, and didn't do anything that wouldn't suit me, as a person, which I think was great; instead of piling on any old thing just because it looked amazing.

Benefit isn't a brand that I tend to associate with lip products and I was pleasantly surprised with the look that Kara used.  It was just a sweep of the oldie but goodie, Benetint and followed by the Benetint balm to give the lips and extra pop of colour. 

Finally, she applied the They're Real! eyeliner (again, which I love) and a couple of sweeps of the new Roller Lash.  I love Roller Lash; it's a great every day mascara that can be built up for an evening look.  I think that I even prefer it to They're Real!

... and after!
Before...



















In the experience, a giftcard was included and Kara helped me to pick the products that I would use and again, fit into my lifestyle.  She was very honest and helpful with any questions I had and was in no way pushy or forceful with a hard sell.  She filled my bag with lots of extra testers and goodies which I look forward to trying!


Overall, the day was such a perfect and unforgettable experience; the Benebabes were friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable.  I felt truly spoiled and the day has reaffirmed everything I loved about the brand in the first place.  I would not hesitate to recommend this experience and I really hope I can go back and try out the other treatments that they offer at the Carnaby Street store!  

Have you ever tried any Benefit treatments?




 
  

6 comments :

  1. This looks like such a fun time to have with girlfriends. You all look beautiful!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. This likes such an amazing experience! Props to the person who brought it you as a gift! I wish someone would have done that for me! :(

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such good fun and I do feel very lucky! X

      Delete
  3. Benefit is my absolute favourite brand of make up! I also adore them as a company, they just know how to do customer service well. You look absolutely beautiful and this looks like a lot of fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree; Benefit is such an admirable brand and company, you can't help but like them. Thank you :-) X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...