Wednesday 1 April 2015

Life lately #7

Goodbye March, hello April!  I like April; to me, it means the beginning of Spring!  It's also my birthday month but I don't want to even think about getting another year older.  My Peter Pan mode is in full flourish!  



Here's what my March looked like: 


Eating : I think I mentioned this last month but I really need to start thinking about what I'm eating again!  I've very much been over indulging this month: eating in lots of restaurants, enjoying lots of sweet treats, and craving naughty food!  I've very much enjoyed myself though but I'm all too aware that it's not the healthiest of diets! 

Drinking : I have an extreme relationship with hot chocolate, sometimes I love it and other times I hate it.  At the moment, it's the love phase so I've been ordering it in coffee shops and making it a lot at home for a chocolate hit!  

Reading : My schedule has been pretty hectic which has meant that I've not been able to read as much as I'd like - I've only really managed 15 minutes a day!  I have been reading my Poem A Day though which often gives me food for thought.  Although we're now in the Easter holidays, I'm working so still no time to read.  I picked up a 'blind book choice' from my local library last week; the library wrapped up a selection of books and the only clue to your choice is the novel's first line.  I thought it was such a good idea!  I picked up Santa Montefiore's Secrets From The Lighthouse  - it's a great way to introduce yourselves to an author you wouldn't have normally chosen. 

Watching : At the moment, I'm really enjoying Indian Summers.  To me, it's a fiestier Downtown Abbey.  I love the beautiful shots of India and the politics of that era are fascinating.  At the cinema, I saw Insurgent.  I thought it was okay  but has some of my favourite actors at the moment (Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort, Miles Teller, Theo James!) and I liked the book series.  I also surprisingly liked 50 Shades of Grey as I hated the book.   Who would have thought it?

Planning : I've been planning a camping trip over May Day weekend, we've gone for a no electric pitch in a woodland area so it will be great to switch off completely.  

Anticipating : My birthday weekend!  I've got lots to look forward to, some surprises and afternoon tea at The Ritz!  I feel very lucky.     

Buying : I caved and have been getting the Look Fantastic Beauty Box for the past couple of months.  It's £15 that I should be saving but getting a selection of new and exciting products each month to try has curbed my urge to buy lots of new make-up and products!  I look forward to receiving it every month and I love that it's such a surprise!  


How was your March?

6 comments :

  1. i definitely want to be better about eating this month as well, i just got back from vacation and indulged quite a bit haha!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what holidays are for though! :-) X

      Delete
  2. Haha this is an adorable post! I've also been paying extra attention to what I eat lately. I've also been reading a lot this month! Your birthday weekend sounds marvellous, I hope you post all about it! Xx

    THOUGHTS IN TIFFANY BLUE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have you read any good books? I'm sure I'll be talking about my birthday! X

      Delete
  3. I have to admit I've not seen Indian Summers yet but think I will take a look now; like you, I find that period of history really interesting, I'm only worried it will make me want to go travelling! xo louise // Reads and Recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will definitely make you want to go travelling! India looks fascinating! X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...