Saturday 11 October 2014

Blogger Missing In Action...



Hello?  Is there anybody out there....?  It would seem that I have taken a bit of a "blogger break" recently and it really wasn't intentional!  Life has done what life generally tends to do and kept me busy and tired every day; time also has done what it tends to do, runs away with itself and I look back and say where has the past month gone?! 

I'm still managing to keep up reading my favourite blogs but I've neither been commenting nor writing my own posts.  The more time passed, the less I wanted to write anything but since it's something that I do enjoy doing, I've decided to try and get back into it and try and do one post a week, about something, anything.  

So here I am. My life is slowly settling into a routine during the week and weekends have been crazy busy the past few weeks doing different projects and catching up on errands etc, but here is what I've been up to over the past (two) months!

Eating : I'm still following the Slimming World diet and because it's such a well rounded, positive way of eating, I've discovered that I now have a much more positive and healthy relationship with food.  I've currently lost 1 stone 8 pounds and to be honest, I don't feel that I have deprived myself of anything.  I'm feeling good and eating well!

Drinking : Tea and Pepsi Max Cherry.  Since starting work at the Primary School, my tea  intake has increased dramatically!  I'm not sure if it's because of the early mornings or it's comforting warmth but I religiously take a flask to work with me.  Pepsi Max Cherry is my favourite 'treat' drink; it's replaced full fat coke!  I'm a sucker for fizzy drinks but since I'm dieting, full sugar drinks are off the menu and Pepsi Max Cherry tastes just as good!

Reading : I am pleased to say that I have been able to read a few books since I last posted, not as many as I would have liked, but I'm getting through them.  My recent favourite has probably  been Alice Bliss by Laura Harrington.  Has anyone else read it?

Watching : I'll admit it:  X Factor is one of my guilty pleasure.  It just entertains me so I was pleased when it began again!  I wasn't so pleased when it was on for three different nights (that's too much of a commitment in my eyes) but now we're back to two, I look forward to snuggling down in front of the TV.  I also saw Pride at the cinema - fantastic, simply amazing and I would highly recommend.  

Planning : Next year!  Things are still up in the air for my future plans but I'm looking into the different routes into teaching.  The application process seems pretty intense; literacy, numeracy tests, UCAS, personal statements are all super stressful!  


Anticipating : The next big 'thing' I'm waiting for is probably reaching my goal weight at Slimming World.  It's less than a stone away and I still have wobbly days but the beauty of the plan means you can adapt it to your life; it's for real life and people.  I'd love to be at target for Christmas but we will see!

Buying : Pennies are a bit tight at the moment so I'm trying not to splurge.  I did buy a new moisturiser for my skin - extremely dry cheeks, oily forehead and blemish prone - I'm trying Kiehl's Blue Herbal Moisturiser.  I've only been using it for a week but finger's crossed it helps.  

That's it what I have been up to... how about you?  


Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram | Goodreads

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...