Tuesday 6 May 2014

Life lately #2

So it seems that April was a month full of sweets and swimming pools! I've already blogged a few times about Disney, and to be honest, I'm still riding the high from such an amazing and happy week. Every now and again, such happy times and memories make me feel a bit blue (how is it already three weeks ago?!) but I had such a magical and special time that I know it will stay with me forever.  I love visiting the United States, something that seems to cause scorn from fellow foreigners in Mexico. The States offer a complete change of pace from Mexico and I relish that; a change is as good as rest, supposedly.

May is going to be a fairly quiet month for me in Mexico, I only have two months left here and at least 3 of those weeks at the end of my stay will be spent travelling or away from Guadalajara. My parents and my aunt are coming to spend two weeks in Puerto Vallarta in June so I will be staying in an all inclusive beach resort. I can barely contain my excitement! I cannot wait to see my family, and honestly, I'm counting down to the day they arrive and when I can spend two blissful weeks away from the hustle and bustle of the city.  With that to look forward to and having spent out a little bit in April, I'm having to cut back a bit.  To be honest though, it's not all bad because I get to indulge in my less expensive hobbies like reading and films!

I love that going to the cinema is so cheap (compared to England, anyway) here.  Tickets usually cost between $35-70, which is £1.75-3.50 and it is only £2.50 for a massive bucket of caramel popcorn... Truly my heaven!  I've been able to go to see a movie at least once a week and been able to keep up with new releases.  Dena and I have also compiled a list of 50 'must-see' films that we haven't already seen.  I consider myself a film fan but there are a lot of classics that I should have seen but haven't, so I am looking forward to working my way through the list.

This month I've also been thinking a lot about my plans post-Mexico.  I've got some big ideas about where I want my life to go but my plan (I'm scared to tell people about it in case I jinx it!) involves a lot of competitiveness and a long wait.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it all will work out but who knows what life will throw at us?  I've also got to get my gallbladder removed before I consider anything too major too.  One plan or goal that I'm less afraid to jinx is the Couch to 5K.  When I get home and get a good pair of trainers, I'm setting myself the challenge of doing this exercise plan.  I've never, ever ran before, I'm a bit of an exercise-phobe but I've decided that I really want to push myself and do something that I never thought I'd be able to do.  The C25K is designed to get people running 5 km in just nine weeks, running 3 days a week with a days rest in between.  I'm sure I'll blog about my progress but it seems like a realistic way to become more active and do something for me.  

Here's to a happy and fulfilling month for everyone! 

Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual. - Ernest Hemingway 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...