Saturday 10 May 2014

5 films I'm looking forward to

Summer is always a fun time for film releases; we are able to get swept away by the big blockbusters and often entertaining films. I'm looking forward to this period, it seems to me that the summer time is a great way to let your hair down after the intense Oscar and awards period. 

So here we have five of the films that I am most looking forward to seeing over the summer. 

1. X-Men: Days of Future Past (GB release date 22nd May) 


I have a confession to make.... I simply love Marvel movies and seeing the superheroes on the big screen.  I have religiously seen Thor 2, to Captain America, and the second Spider-Man reboot over the past few months and I am anxiously awaiting the next installment to the X-Men saga. I'm so excited to see Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, James McAvoy,  Michael Fassbender, Hugh Jackman and of course, my favourite, Jennifer Lawrence in the same film. It will be interesting to see how the film plays out the two different time periods in the X-Men universe, and since I really rated First Class, I have high hopes for this one. 

2. Maleficent (28th May)


There is a lot of hype surrounding Disney's summer offering. Angelina Jolie seems perfectly cast as Maleficent, the villain in Sleeping Beauty, the perfect balance of haunting beautiful and evil. Lana del Rey's cover of 'Once Upon A Dream' is the ideal accompaniment to this presumed stomper of a film. Let's hope the film itself lives up to the build up, and we don't have another aesthetically beautiful but poor substance movie like Oz. 

3. Belle (13th June)


The film 'Belle' has been receiving a lot of positive press recently, and is a British drama revolving round the illegimate mixed race daughter of a Royal Navy officer. The film deals with the horrors of slavery, which is deservedly so and perhaps very late, at the forefront of our consciouses. The film has been receiving film festival recognition and critics have been sounding praise for the leading actress, Gugu Mbatha-Raw. I'm looking forward to this historical drama. 

4. The Fault In Our Stars (19th June) 


I loved John Green's book on which this film was based, a tragically sad but beautiful love story. Every time a new trailer has been released for this movie, the internet has almost had a meltdown as we are all preparing ourselves, tissues in hand, for a hell of a tearjerker. Featuring one of Hollywood's current darlings and my favourite actresses, Shailene Woodley, TFIOS has been targeting the young adult audience but I'm sure it'll tug at the heart strings of audiences of all ages. 

5. Sex Tape (5th September)


It wouldn't be the summer without a gross out movie! Honestly, I just want to see this movie because Jason Segal is one of my favourite funny men. I'm expecting a slightly inappropriate, probably offensive, silly film, with Cameron Diaz playing her usual role and Segal simply enjoying himself in his typical comic setting. It probably won't win any awards but will provide us all with a good 90 minutes of entertainment and laughs. 


What are you looking forward to seeing?


Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram | Goodreads

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...