Saturday 17 May 2014

10 things I believe in...


1. Good things happen to good people...
... Or what goes around, comes around, karma, whatever you want to call it. Yep, sometimes crappy things do happen to good people and good things happen to crappy people but I think it's always better to be the best person you can be, because when the good things do happen, you can bask in it's wholesome glory, just remember to...

2. Be patient. 
Sometimes it takes time for life's plan to unfurl itself. Sit tight, be patient, and everything will work out how it's supposed to.

3. Sometimes you have to work hard to get what you want. 
Life is hard and you can feel a bit perplexed that you're fighting and trying but not actually getting anywhere. I've learnt to keep on fighting and working as hard as I can, because if for some reason it still doesn't work out, you know you have done everything you could and if your hard work does pay off, great!

4. It's okay if you feel a little bit lost sometimes. 
For me, it feels like life is moving at a million miles an hour and I don't know which way to look, let alone what to do for my next move. It's okay to feel like this; take a deep breath, take your time until you feel comfortable to take the next step. 


5. Treat people how you would like to be treated. 
This is pretty much my life motto. I try to be the kindest, most open person that I can be to everyone.i give people endless chances and although it can feel like I'm getting treated unfairly, I still give people the benefit of the doubt. I'd always rather be the bigger person in a situation and even if I can't stand someone, I will be civil.

6. Life is for living but... 
That doesn't mean you can treat people how you like and disregard feelings. YOLO (ugh) is all well and good but it isn't an excuse to act like an idiot or make stupid decisions. Life is for living but it's also short, don't waste it. 

7. Surround yourself with people that make you feel good. 
Friends are the family you can choose and a good, real friend will support you, make you feel good and bring out the best in you. When you are surrounded by people that make you feel good, you shine without even trying, 

8. Do what makes you happy. 
Don't let other people tell you something isn't "cool" or let them make you feel like an outsider because you like something different. Don't feel pressured into doing something. If you like reading on a Saturday night, do that! If you don't like to drink, embrace it! If you want to pursue a career as zookeeper, go for it! 

9. Don't compare yourself to other people. 
Comparing yourself is a sure fire way to make yourself feel crappy. Everyone has different strengths, weaknesses, things they love about themselves and things they like less, and when we stop comparing ourselves to one another we can focus on our own strengths. 

10. Love yourself before you expect anyone else to love you. 
I need to remind myself of this one! Does exactly what it says on the tin: how can we expect other people to love us, warts and all when we are constantly putting ourselves down? It's hard, but when we love ourselves wholly and completely, we can love others so much more. 







Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram | Goodreads

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...