Sunday 3 May 2015

Life Lately #8

We are in May!  The month of bank holidays and hopefully beautiful Spring-edging-into-Summer sunshine!  April was a bit of a quiet one in the blogosphere for me, partly because I have been super duper busy and partly because I became quite ill with gastroenteritis - which wasn't how I wanted to spend one of my only free weekends over the next few months but never mind.  




I had my birthday in April and I've blogged a little bit what I did to celebrate my 28th.  28 sounds like such a grown up age; I'm not sure if I'm entirely ready for it.  That being said, I did have some wonderful celebrations. Here's what else I have been up to: 


Eating : Chocolate.  It has been Easter and I did my own chocolate making party while away in Kent so it was only natural that I ate lots of chocolate.  Apart from that, I've been focussing on having lots of healthier lunches at school so that counts as a balanced diet, right?  

Drinking : As I was ill with a nasty stomach bug, I had to cave and have full fat Coke - something that I hadn't drunk since July last year.  I lovingly refer to Coca Cola as my own personal crack, I become full on addicted if I allow myself to drink it on a regular basis so it felt like a real treat to be able to treat myself it as I was ill. Hopefully it won't start off a nasty habit again! 

Reading : I've been able to read a little bit more this month and I've read a range of books.  My favourite was definitely The Art Of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson.  It's one of the talked about YA books of deal and it deals with transgender - something that is definitely not dealt with enough in literature (or life, to be honest). I also read Mousetrapped by Catherine Ryan Howard, an Irishwoman who worked for 18 months in a hotel in WDW - think I will do a review of this one.     

Watching : On television,  we've got into Mozart in the Jungle, which is set in the classical music industry in New York and starts Gael Garcia Bernal (my favourite Mexican actor).  It's witty and easy to watch;  sometimes that's all you want from a TV show.  On the big screen, one film I keep thinking about is Still Alice. I finally got round to seeing it a couple of weeks ago and it was definitely worth the hype.  So beautifully sad and inspiring, all at the same time.

Planning : We won a luxury spa break in the Cotswolds when I was going through my mad-comping stage so we are planning all the ins and outs of that trip!  

Anticipating : Another busy and exciting month:  camping, the spa weekend and I'm bridesmaid for one of my oldest friends.  It's going to be a good month!      

Buying : I have been buying a lot of jewellery from Etsy- there are so many seriously talented people out there.  I'm going to write a post about my favourite bits and pieces. 

1 comment :

  1. Looks like you've had a great time recently - happy belated birthday! And I've had gastritis a few months ago and that killed me so I feel your pain!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...