Friday 1 May 2015

CRP | 100 days to go

Well, I can't believe that we have just hit 100 days until we fly off to sunnier climes and go to work for the Mouse!  Now more time has passed since we found out we got the job than we have left to go (now THAT'S a confusing sentence...) and it's all been quite quiet on the CRP front recently. 

 

Quite a few people from our interview group have left and already started their programs and seeing all their amazing Facebook posts, Instagrams and Snapchats have made me even more antsy to get out there!  

Anyway, what's been happening on my Cultural Representative journey over the past few months:

My DBS finally came through.  I sent my paperwork off before Christmas but my original paperwork got lost in the Christmas post rush (thanks, Royal Mail).  Luckily, Yummy sent me out another form and this one came through fine and quickly.

We also got an e-mail through from Yummy Jobs saying that we could now access our Visa instructions on our Yummy profiles. We can't actually apply for our Visa until 6-8 weeks before our departure dates but it signals that we are another step closer!



I also got a phone call from Sue, the Head of International Recruiting, asking if I would like to switch job roles from Merchandise and Food and Beverage. This caused quite a lot of inner turmoil on my behalf as when I applied for the CRP, I assumed that if I got the job, I'd be given a role in F&B, having worked in restaurants for around ten years and there's a lot more positions available for that role.  However, when I got offered merchandise, I was so pleased to be given the chance to do something new and work in Kidcot as well!  There's also the promise of more money working in F&B and with an ever growing USA bucket list, it may seem logical to switch to F&B.  After some deliberating, I decided to stay in merch and I'm still very much looking forward to everything that job role offers. 

As I said I am super excited to go, I don't want to wish my time away in the beautiful UK and I have many exciting plans before I go, so I've decided to start my own little mixture of 100 days of happiness and 100 days of (or should that be: until) Disney!  If you want to keep up with me doing that, keep an eye on my Instagram!  

100 days to go... Ahhhhh!  :-) 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...