Monday 27 April 2015

A weekend away | Whitstable

As I said in my last post, we went to Kent for a weekend as part of my birthday adventure!  Kent is such a lovely part of the country and one that I had never really explored before, so I was really excited to spend the weekend there.  I also love to go to the seaside, I find it such a happy place so when we heard that Whitstable was meant to be a typical, beautiful coastal town, we jumped at the chance!



What was lovely about Whitstable was that it wasn't gaudy at all - full of lots of boutiques and individual stores where you could browse or shop for lots of goodies.  I wasn't particularly in a shopping mood but we did go into an amazing cupcake shop and, of course, bought a couple to sample!


The seafront was full of character too.  Whitstable is famous for its oysters so it's very much still a working seafront; the harbour was full of boats and the restaurants scattered along the promenade were surrounded by old oyster shells which would be put back onto the seabed to help with the oyster farming.


There was also a lovely little craft market selling homemade and unique goods and food stalls; as well as the usual fish and chips and seafood stalls.  I am not a huge fan of seafood so I stayed away from the oysters... They just don't sound appetising to me at all!  


The fact that the sun was shining topped off a lovely few hours spend in Whitstable.  There is something so relaxing about strolling along the promenade eating a cone of freshly fried chips, I love it even more when you're wrapped up in a big coat!  


Do you enjoy going to the seaside?  Have you ever been to Whitstable?


1 comment :

  1. Great pictures :) It looks like you had a great weekend!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...