Thursday 5 February 2015

February Fun | Life lately #6


L-R Miles, the Thomson bear! - Hospital perks - Sleeping Beauty's Castle - From one Disney park to another. 

I feel like I say this all time but: where has time gone?  I cannot believe we are in February... in 2015!  But anyway, enough of my realisation that I'm getting old, here's what I have been up to: 

Eating : After my operation a couple of weeks ago, I ate all the foods that I wasn't able to enjoy pre-op!  I had pizza for the first time in nearly 18 months and it was so good! I need to start focusing again on what I eat but I do feel so much better eating well.    

Drinking : I've been enjoying a lot of Beanie's coffee recently; I love the flavours.  We have Amaretto Almond and Cinder Toffee at the moment, the hint of flavour means that I don't put any extra sugar or sweetener in.  

Reading : I'm reading a lot of books about American culture (which I have blogged about).  I think I'm enjoying it so much as it's reminiscent of my university days; I'm reading to discover and learn something.  As much as I love reading to relax and switch off, it's great to be able to absorb and relax at the same time.  A lot of the books are debate-worthy too.  I am a such a loser.  

Watching : On TV, I am glued to Broadchurch.  I'm  not sure if it's as good as the first series but it's still really gripping and Miller just cracks me up.  Olivia Colman is an amazing actress, David Tennant can do no wrong in my eyes, and the rest of the cast is just stellar, I mean: Charlotte Rampling!  Looking forward to seeing how the storyline unravels.  On the big screen, I feel like I've been disappointed.  I've seen a lot of musicals and they're not my favourite genre.  I did, however, love The Theory of Everything.  Two of my favourite actors (Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones) in a British film, full of Britishness, laugh and cry moments,  A beautiful film. 

Planning : The WDW planning has quietened down a little bit so I'm not really planning that much at the moment.  I'm having to save, save, save which means I'm working my day job, doing private tuition, and working during the school holidays.  I'm feeling quite busy but it'll all be worth it. 

Anticipating : February half term,.  I just said I'm saving but I have a few exciting days planned during the half term, days that have been planned since August last year and Christmas!  In fact, I'm bursting with excitement.   

Buying : Again, trying to save so no beauty products.  I did buy an online photography course, I've mentioned that I want to get to grips with my camera.  I've had it for so many years but never really had the time to dedicate to learning all the settings, tricks etc.  Hopefully this course will help me understand my camera, I'm never going to be a professional photographer but I want to be able to take photos that I will value and treasure forever. 


How's your February looking?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...