Monday 29 December 2014

New Year, new me....? Probably not!




Ah, it's coming to that time of of year when we all reflect on what went well and what didn't go so well in 2014. I can't actually believe we are here!  2014 has flown by, with lots of exciting changes, occasions, happy memories as well as a few hairier moments. 

As I look forward to 2015, I can't believe I am where I am! I'm not going to lie, I've worked really hard to get myself to this position and of course, there's a few things I'd like to change but I'm not going to be making any life changing resolutions this year. I know I'll never stick to them and we're always so hard on ourselves after Christmas, putting ourselves down, saying we've got to do this or stop doing that and I want to start next year as positively as I can. That being said, I am going to make a few "resolutions", here they are: 

1. Read/listen to more French and Spanish. 
I've recently started giving private tuition of French and Spanish and it's made me realise how much I miss being absorbed in the language. My aim is to read at least ten minutes a day of both languages. I received a copy of my favourite book, The Catcher In The Rye, in Spanish for Christmas so that should definitely help with this and I'm going to aim to read a couple of newspaper stories in French. It can only be beneficial for keeping my languages up and hopefully will be something I enjoy! 

2. Drink more water! 
This is pretty much an annual resolution and involves quite a lot of effort on my part. I know I don't drink enough and its started to affect my well being lately, I suffer from headaches, lethargy and stomach problems. Water might not be the answer but it will definitely help. It should help keep me at my Slimming World target weight too.

3.  Save, save, save!
Exactly what it says on the tin really.  Getting to the USA isn't cheap and I need to pay for medical insurance and what not, so I simply need to save money.  Unfortunately, my job isn't very well paid at all so I will need to cut back on any unnecessary extras.  It's all for a good cause though!

Fingers crossed I will be able to stick to these resolutions!

Here's to a happy and healthy 2015! 


Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram | Goodreads

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...