Friday 22 August 2014

Life lately #5

L-R : First Nando's in a year // Teacher's pet // Summer in the UK // Best socks ever!


Wow!  Where has the summer gone?  Since getting back from Mexico, my life has been pretty much non-stop.  I was home for around five days and then started working at a summer camp, which was fun but pretty intense and I finished last week.  It's only now that I've been able to finally catch up on everything.  I've been sad that I've not been able to blog as much recently, hopefully when I get into a routine again I'll be able to devote more time to writing.  

Here's what I have been up to: 

Eating : As I've embarked upon a new healthy lifestyle, I'm eating a lot of delicious low-fat, healthy meals.  I've also enjoyed a lot of fruit since being back home, I've re-discovered my love for blueberries.  I'd probably eat those all day if I could! 

Drinking : As boring as it sounds... water!  Again, in order to complement my new found healthy lifestyle, I'm trying to up my water intake.  This is always one of my new years resolution's and I'm really trying to focus on drinking an extra one or two glasses a day.  

Reading : I haven't had much time to read recently but I have enjoyed Wintergirls (which I will post a review for soon) and I'm currently reading Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird, which I am loving.  It's such a well known, well loved classic, and to be honest, I can't believe I've never read it before. 

Watching : The Great British Bake Off!  Masterchef!  I love the summer months when all my favourite cookery programmes begin.  I love Bake Off and Masterchef so much, I enjoy cookery and always look to them for inspiration... although, they tend to make me so hungry (especially the dessert/cakes).  As for the cinema, I've enjoyed The Dawn of The Planet of The Apes and Jersey Boys.  

Planning : I'm planning my post-summer life.  From September, I'll be working in a primary school and looking to apply for a PGCE if I do not get my very much wanted next job (it's very competitive so I'm not holding out too much hope).  It's going to be a fulfilling year! 

Anticipating : Visiting friends and new parts of the country.  I'm camping in Cornwall at the end of the month and in Cornwall, we are going to watch a Shakespeare play on the cliffs, star gazing, amongst other very exciting things!  It's my first time camping so I'm a little apprehensive but I'm sure I will enjoy it.  

Buying : I didn't actually buy it but received it as a gift, but I have currently started using the famous Liz Earle's cleanse and polish.  My skin already feels softer and clearer but I have to be patient and allow my skin to settle down and get used to a new product.  My skin is so incredibly sensitive that any little change results in a horrible break out but I'm hoping I'll get used it to, because I adore it!

How's your August been?



Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram | Goodreads

1 comment :

  1. You have some seriously funky socks!
    I have recently started drinking more water too. It may be due to the fact that I haven't been food shopping yet but at least I'm getting a health benefit (kind of!).
    Good luck with work! I have quite a few friends who do Primary teaching and it's so competitive but so rewarding (they say).

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...