Monday 11 August 2014

Couch to 5K : Week 4






Woohoo! Week four done! I felt such a feeling of satisfaction after finishing the last session early Sunday morning. Week four was quite a substantial jump from week three, we went from running 9 minutes a session to 16 minutes. I still maintain that although six minutes doesn't sound like very long, when you are a novice runner, sometimes dragging my lead legs along, those 6 minutes or 360 seconds, really feels like a very long time.

Something that I have also been struggling with a little bit is technique. Our podcast trainer Laura has mentioned one or two tips to help our technique but I really struggle with it all. I can't seem to get my breathing inline with my left foot hitting the ground every four steps, to be honest, I'm more focused on getting through each run within the session.  I was hoping that my technique would just fall into
place as running became more often but nope, I'm still running like Phoebe from Friends. I'm also trying to work on my pace; I'm definitely not hitting any sprinting times but I'd like to develope a steady, even pace throughout the whole session, instead of jogging at a quicker pace for the first couple of minutes and then struggling for the last minute. Any tips? 

Week five is looking like it will get very serious, we have three different podcasts for each day we run. I also spoke to someone else doing the programme who is on week seven... And she told me how long she is running for... I'm panicking! However, I'm actually quite enjoying this plan and how it is benefiting my lifestyle. Here's to week five!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...