Sunday 2 August 2015

CRP | One week to go

One week till we leave for Florida and believe it or not, it still hasn't really sunk in what I'm doing or when I'm going.  I still have lots left to do and I haven't really begun to think about packing.  I don't usually pack until the last minute but I usually have a rough idea of what I'm taking... Not this year!  



That being said, I've crossed a few things off my to-do list: 

I've ordered my dollars.  I wasn't sure how many to take but I've ordered a few hundred to hopefully keep me going for a few weeks.  I want to get my Universal Annual Pass pretty early on but that'll end up on my bank card I think! 

I initially planned to suspend my mobile contract for 6 months as I was able to do that for Mexico.  Since EE has taken over Orange, they've got rid of that option, which isn't so great but nothing I can do.  

We received our DORMS email the other day, which is the system Disney use to allocate housing amongst other things.  You put your housing preferences in as well as your roommate requests.  I'm not sure how likely you are to get your first choice but the only thing I feel quite strongly about is not getting bunkbeds and a triple occupancy room.  Fingers crossed!

I've also started rounding up various documents that I need.  My birth certificate usually takes ages for me to find but I've got it and am keeping it in a safe place (still a chance I might lose it!) and will put it together with the other wad of paper I need to take with me. 

What's left to do?  Well, I currently have three lists on the go: to do, to buy, to pack.  Everyone around me seems quite concerned that I only have a week left to sort everything out but it's fine!  It'll all be fine (famous last words).

I have yet to buy my medical insurance.  Oh what a nightmare that has all been, so many options, plans, small prints to read.  I think we're settled on the policy to go for but just waiting to hear back from the company to answer a question.  

Print off all the hire documentation.  Disney ask you to print and complete a few documents to make your arrival easier. 

Upload documents to the DOC Onboarding website.  Again, you need to upload various documents to Disney's website (Visa, medical insurance etc).

Book airport shuttle.  Disney provide you with a discount voucher to book your shuttle to the Vist Way Welcome Center.  However, we're staying in a hotel the first night and the voucher is with Mears, who have been quite expensive in the past when I've been researching for a past trip so we may end up going with Super Shuttle instead.

Oh,and pack.  

I've got loads of time! 


2 comments :

  1. Exciting! Can I come with you? Ha :)

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! There's plenty of room in my case (especially since I haven't packed... ha!) X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...