Sunday 11 January 2015

2015: A year of creativity




I've always been one of those people who has huge creative urges but have never been able to find an outlet that's right for me.  I wish I felt confident enough to pick up paintbrush, write a short story or compose a song.  I admire those who can do all of the aforementioned creative practices and to be honest, I don't want to undermine their amazing talents by me thinking I could even have a go!  

However, I do believe art in all of its incarnations should be accessible to all so I'm all for anything that let's me think that I can be creative and express myself in a way that isn't a rant on Twitter!

I received some lovely gifts for Christmas that will me to get into my creative groove and I thought I'd share them with you.  

Wreck This Journal - Wreck This Journal is a great way to introduce yourself to think outside the box when it comes to journalling.  It's less focused on detailing everything thought and emotion you have, like you would in a traditional journal, but offers you amazingly creative ways to destroy the journal.  Some of the suggestions made me laugh out loud... I'm looking forward to mailing the journal to myself! 

104 things to photograph - This album is your own personal photo scavenger hunt!  The prompts range from obvious, day to day items to more obscure, challenging ideas.  I'm going to try and think outside the box when I'm filling up this album and it'll be super rewarding to take photos of things I would never usually consider.

My Future Listography - I love, love, love the Listography books and could not decide which one I wanted!  I love making lists and the book allows you to document all your future to-do lists ranging from travel, education, to personal aspirations.  This journal is beautifully illustrated and has given me loads of ideas for the future too.  I'm eyeing up the Literature Listography book next!

Walt Disney World Journal - My WDW journal wasn't a Christmas gift but a post-WDW-Orlando airport gift!  I don't write in this journal as much as I should but I'm reserving it for special journalling occasions!  

Fujifilm Instax mini 8 - My Instax is an instant camera which is something I've yearned for since my Spice Girls polaroid days.  It prints credit card sized photos and I love the soft, vintage look of instant pictures.  The films are kind of expensive so I know I'll only use this on extra special occasions but that means I know I will take extra care with every picture I take.  

What do you do to get the creative juices flowing?   

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...