Friday 27 June 2014

Summer bucket list






I have seen a few of these posts around and I think they are such a great idea! I've decided to do mine a little later though, (most start in June and I'll still be completing my Mexico bucket list) and begin when I get home to the UK in July.

I'm focusing on the little things - I could easily write a whole list of foods I want to eat this summer, but since I will still be with gallbladder and gallstones, it probably won't be possible. I'm sure I'll keep adding to this list as the summer goes on; I hope I can get through them all. 

1. Take long walks around the countryside. 
I'm fortunate enough to live in the Suffolk countryside, surrounded by lots of lovely country walks. It's always so peaceful in the early evening so I hope to make the most of the beautiful surroundings this summer. 

2. Take Dena to the Harry Potter Studio Tour.
Dena is the biggest Harry Potter geek and I so want to take her to the Warner Brothers Studios, she would love it! And it means I get to go again too... ;-) 

3. Have afternoon tea. 
Afternoon tea is probably my favourite meal and I have it at any opportunity, so it's probably a little bit strange to put it on my bucket list. However, it's going to be a bit more challenging since I can't really eat much cake nor cream. I'm determined to give it a go. 

4. Visit a part of the UK I've never been to. 
I often neglect the UK when I think about travelling, so I want to explore more of my own country, I'd like to visit Cornwall, Stone Henge, Oxford, amongst many more.

5. Go blackberry picking. 
Mum and I often go blackberry picking around the fields where I live and we always have such a good time. As I've got older, I've really started to appreciate these free, but special moments. 

6. Try Mum's elderflower cordial.
My Mum is currently making loads of elderflower cordial and I hope there is some left when I get back! I adore flowery tasting foods and drinks (rose, lavender, elderflower, geranium) and elderflower has really become a summer favourite... It's even better when it is homemade! 

7. Try new recipes.
I love cooking and trying out new recipes. I find cooking really relaxing so I'm hoping to be able to devote more time to it over the summer.

8. Visit the War Rooms in London. 
I wanted to do this the summer before I came to Mexico but I ran out of time, so here's hoping for this year. I'm fascinated by war museums and this definitely appeals to my inner (who am I kidding? My outer) geek. 

9. Make a photo wall
I've been inspired by these on Pinterest so I hope to make my own! The only problem I find with digital cameras is we often take so many photos but never print them out, so I'm hoping a project like a photo wall will mean I can enjoy all my photos. 

10. Learn how to use my camera better! 
This seems to be an everlasting project but I really want to get to grips with all the different settings... My sieve memory will be the biggest problem.


Have you made a summer bucket list? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...