Friday 6 June 2014

Life lately #3

L-R NARS Orgasm blush - Selfie! - Friday morning brunch on the terrace - Counting down the days!


I can't believe it's my third Life Lately post!  I've really enjoyed  blogging frequently, it's been a great outlet for my mind... sort of like a written pensieve!  

Eating : Friday morning brunch has become one of my favourite meals. We normally go for a full on continental style breakfast: juice, fresh fruit, cereal, bread, jam, yoghurt and coffee, all enjoyed in the sunshine on our terrace. 

Drinking : Mexican coffee is simply delicious and I've enjoyed having a cup every now and again. I'll admit I'm not usually a huge coffee drinker, but there have been a few mornings where I have had a cup of coffee instead of tea. I've also enjoyed exploring little coffee shops here in Guadalajara, they're often lovely places to while away an hour or two. 

Reading : I've been steadily working my way through a number of books this month: my goal on Goodreads is to read 25 books this year and as I've finished 19 so far, I think I might have to up my target. You can read my review for one of my May books, All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy here and look out for another book review this Sunday. 

Watching :  I've been really getting into Hart of Dixie recently; I'm getting my southern USA fix since Nashville has finished for the season, as well as seeing more of Rachel Bilson after binge watching the entire series of The OC!  I've also been to the cinema a lot this month... I have seen The Other Woman, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (for the second time!), Non-Stop, Godzilla, X-Men: Days of Future Past, and Maleficent. 

Listening :  I've loved Phillip Phillips, The Vamps, and the second volume of the Nashville soundtrack  this month. Thanks to the Nashville and Hart of Dixie sound tracks, I've really started getting into country music and discovering new artists. 

Planning : I'm planning my life back in England!  It's causing such a range of emotions:  I'm happy to go home but really sad at the same time.  We're also planning our last week here in Mexico; thinking of spending a final week in Mexico City, finishing my year in the same way we started!

Anticipating : Holiday! I'm so excited to see my parents and spend two weeks by the beach, relaxing!  

Buying : Shopping, shopping. I've splashed out a little bit this month and treated myself to goodies from The Body Shop as well as my first NARS blusher; needless to say, I love it. We have a Sephora here, in one of the shopping centres, so I might investigate on my favourite beauty blogs and see what else I can treat myself to. 


How's your month been? Happy June!


Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram | Goodreads

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...