Monday 11 July 2011

Bienvenue, bienvenido, welcome...

So here I am, writing my first entry in my year abroad blog. First of all, it feels crazy that in about six weeks, I will be embarking on my year abroad, my third year of my degree course. How quickly has time flown since I started university (again).

So to the matter in hand, if you don't know, I'm going to spend the autumn semester in Pau, France, from the end of August until late December. I will be studying at the Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, I think I have provisionally chosen my courses, I'm not really 100% sure because everything seems so confusing with the French universities. I have learnt in the past few months of dealing with them that they love their paperwork and I'm assured that it will only get worse. I'm hoping to live in university residences although I am concerned that I won't be speaking as much French as I could be, as French students tend to live at home. My French itself is another worry - but I will go into that in another entry!

After Christmas, it gets really exciting for me. On 11th January I am flying into Mexico City to start my six month stint there! I love Latin American culture and when the opportunity presented itself to study in Mexico, I couldn't turn it down. I'll be studying at the Universidad de Guadalajara, living with a host family, travelling around Mexico and hopefully back to Cuba. It's going to be difficult as I'm such a home-bird but I know it will be such a fantastic experience.

I think I will leave it there for today - I just thought I should post something as the blog looked very empty with zero posts.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...